How we may use your personal information
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide information to LiveKind and our partners charitable activities which may be tailored to your individual tastes;
- to send out newsletters you have subscribed to;
- to complete any purchases or donations you make through the Site;
- to provide you with information that you request;
- where you have given us your consent, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) with products and services which we think may interest - you can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time; and
- where you have given your consent, to pass your personal information to selected third parties for marketing purposes.
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact us and we will cease any such activity. However, if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of ourorganisation and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition.
We may also disclose your personal information where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency. Finally, we may also collect anonymised details about visitors to our Site for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes. The requirements of Data Protection Laws. – lone sentence – should it be the header of next paragraph?
- we will only collect sufficient personal information for the uses set out above;
- we will endeavour to keep your information up-to-date;
- we will not retain your personal information longer than necessary unless required to do so by law;
- we will not transfer your personal information to any country unless safeguards are in place to protect your/your children’s personal information to the standards that apply within the EU.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that can be saved on your computer when you visit certain websites. You can think of cookies as providing a 'memory' for websites, enabling them to recognise you and show the information you expect. Cookies are not programs and therefore, cannot contain viruses or other malicious software.
Third party cookies
Some third parties may use their own anonymous cookies to track how many times you have seen a particular advertisement or visited a particular site. LiveKind can't read or write these third party cookies, nor can third parties access the cookies that we use.
Can I turn cookies off?
If you are primarily concerned about third party cookies, you can turn these off. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings.
To learn more about cookies and how to disable them please visit: http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/online/cookies